Wednesday 6 March 2013

Swimming Sports

Yesterday our school went to the Ngaruawahia pools for swimming sports.I was about to step in the pool. My heart was pounding. It felt like the water was saying to me, "Come in, come in. I have cookies." Butterflies were in my tummy. Why did the crowd have to cheer for me? but I remembered what my mum said to me. She said, "Try your best and you will be fine." When Mr Emms blew the whistle, I started swimming. I came last, but I tried my best. In the end, it turned out the water was saying, "Well done, well done." I felt proud of myself. 
At the end of the day, we had free time. When I got into the pool, it was warmer. I was having so much fun, I felt like a lion about to pounce on an animal. I thought, “Hmm. I will jump in the pool on the jumping part.” It was pretty hard trying to find a clear spot to jump from but I found a clear spot and jumped in. I jumped like a jumping spider. It was so much fun. When I got to shallow part, I met up with Lara then the whistle blew. It sounded like this, “Hhhhoooo!” so we got out.

1 comment:

  1. Well done, Alex. You are giving the readers great pictures in the mind with the words you are choosing, like - my heart was pounding and I felt like an animal about to pounce.

    ReplyDelete